Te Matapihi he tirohanga mō te iwi Trust
Te Matapihi he tirohanga mō te Iwi Trust was legally constituted in October 2011 to be the peak body representing Māori Housing interests. Te Matapihi arose from a ‘call to action’ at the inaugural National Māori Housing Conference held in Rotorua in March 2010 and they work to:
- act as the peak sector body for Māori Housing
- support existing and emerging regional Māori housing forums
- assist in Māori housing policy development at central and local government levels
- share high quality information and successful approaches
- advocate for the wider Māori housing sector to central government housing agencies
Community Housing Aotearoa and Te Matapihi have a signed agreement and work closely supporting Māori housing providers across the motu.
Membership to Te Matapihi is open to any Māori individual, Māori housing provider, aspiring Māori housing provider or organisation engaged in the Māori housing sector including Marae, hapu and land trusts. Membership is connected to attendance of national hui with any attendee or attendee organisation gaining automatic membership for a two year period.