Keys to Growth
Community Housing Quality Assurance and Accreditation Programme
New Zealand's Community Housing organisations (CHOs) can now gain accredited status through the Te Wana Quality Programme, which is certified through the Quality Improvement Council (QIC) of Australasia.
CHA's housing related standards, developed over the years from CHA's Best Practice Guide have now been incorporated into Te Wana's quality assurance framework, resulting in a Quality Assurance and Accreditation Programme which is relevant and effective for both large and small housing organisations seeking continual improvement.
To become involved in the programme it is suggested that CHOs follow this process:
- Ensure their CHA Full membership is current - only Full CHA members can access the CHA Resource Library with essential guides and helpful tools
- Establish commitment from the Governance of your organisation
- Become familiar with the 'CHA Best Practice Guide' (BPG) and complete the 'CHA Best Practice Guide Self Assessment Booklet' in detail (both documents are available in the Resource Library)
- Systematically address each relevant “Action to be taken” from the completed Self-Assessment Booklet until the organisation achieves at least 75% of the required standards for each relevant section as based on the scorecard in the back of the BPG
- Liaise with CHA to plan and co-ordinate the formal accreditation review process with Te Wana. This will involve a 3 day review conducted by the Te Wana review team including a certified Te Wana housing standards reviewer from within the CHA network